Teen who died after freak Christmas accident with glass bottle pictured

A teenage girl who died in a freak accident involving a glass bottle has been pictured for the first time.

Megan O’Connor suffered an injury to her groin when she fell on a glass vodka bottle which she was carrying in her waistband.

The bottle broke upon impact causing several injuries, including a severed artery.

The tragic 18-year-old died in the early hours of Sunday morning.

She had been out with friends in Dublin, Ireland, when the accident happened, reports the Irish Mirror.

Emergency services were called to the scene where they found Megan bleeding heavily from the wounds.

Dublin Fire Brigade Paramedics rushed the teenager to St James’s Hospital, where she was sadly pronounced dead just a short while later.

Megan’s family, from Tallaght, a suburb of Dublin in Ireland, paid tribute to her as part of a funeral notice reading: "Beloved daughter of Tina and loving sister of Brandon.

"She will be very sadly missed by her heartbroken mam, brother, auntie Sonya, uncles Patrick, Jason and Edward, cousins Sean and Andrew, all her close cousins, neighbours and a very large circle of friends."

Tributes have also been paid to Megan on social media.

One said: "I really can’t believe I’m writing this two days before Christmas.

"Megan you were literally the funniest, kind-hearted person.

"You were one of a kind…another young life taken away way too soon."

Another friend said: "God has gained another angel.

"To say I’m heartbroken is an understatement.

"I really cannot believe this. It’s the worst news to ever wake up to.

"I will never forget our memories – one of the funniest people around.

"I hope you get the best bed in heaven bro. I love you so much forever and always."

Read More

Top news stories from Mirror Online

  • Iceland crash victims’ brother speaks
  • HMV on brink of collapse
  • ‘Murdered’ children ‘were twins’
  • Beast from the East 2.0

Source: Read Full Article