THE Queen will host a post-Brexit get-together at Buckingham Palace this June with new US President Joe Biden and other world leaders.
She will be joined at the “soft power” reception by the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge ahead of the G7 summit in Cornwall, according to The Sunday Times.
The bash is part of plans being drawn up by royal and government officials to cement the “special relationship” between Britain and America.
This year’s military parade on June 12, which marks the Queen’s 95th birthday, will fall two days’ after the Duke of Edinburgh’s 100th birthday and is set to be the first public reunion of the royal family since “Megxit”.
It is expected to contrast with Donald Trump’s first visit to Britain in July 2018, when Charles and William snubbed him, leaving the Queen to meet him alone.
The Queen, who has not been at Buckingham Palace since the start of the pandemic is determined to “get back to business” with trooping the colour in the capital this summer, The Sunday Times says.
Last year’s parade was dramatically reduced and moved to Windsor for the first time during her 68-year reign.
The Queen has met every US president since the start of her reign in 1952, except Lyndon B Johnson.
Charles has already written to Biden to congratulate him on his appointment as president, according to royal aides.
The Queen sent the new president a private message ahead of his inauguration on January 20.
A senior royal source told the Sunday Times: “There is a desire from the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office to have a very strong royal presence before G7 events, and all senior members of the royal family will be part of what happens.”
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article