Third Nottingham rampage victim named as school caretaker in his 60s

  • Bookmark
  • Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to the Daily Star’s newsletter

    We have more newsletters

    The third victim of the Nottingham rampage has been named.

    The man in his 60s who lost his life in the horrors that unfolded in the city in the early hours of Tuesday has been identified at Ian Coates.

    He is understood to have been a school caretaker.

    It comes after Grace Kumar and Barnaby Webber were identified as the two 19-year-old University of Nottingham students killed while walking home from a night out.

    It is understood Grace was a hockey player and also a former England U18 star, while Barnaby was a talented sportsman who previously attended Taunton School in his hometown of Somerset.

    Grace and Barnaby were killed at around 4am on Tuesday, June 13, in Nottingham's Ilkeston Road, while Ian was found dead on Magdala Road.

    The family of Barnaby told of their "complete devastation" at the murder of their son as they paid tribute to the "beautiful, brilliant, bright young man".

    The Webber family condemned the "senseless murder" of their son and said Barnaby had "everything in life to look forward to".

    Speaking to the Mirror, a friend of the pair said: “They just got unlucky. They were just five minutes from home and both got stabbed by some random guy."

    The day of terror began when officers from Nottinghamshire Police were called to Ilkeston Road, at around 4am, where they found Grace and Barnaby dead.

    Police later found Ian on Magdala Road.

    A witness, who wished to remain anonymous, told the BBC he looked out his window and saw a "black guy dressed all in black with a hood and rucksack grappling with some people".

    "She was screaming 'Help!' I just wish I'd shouted something out of the window to unnerve the assailant," he said.

    "I saw him stab the lad first and then the woman. It was repeated stabbing – four or five times. The lad collapsed in the middle of the road."

    Three people were also taken to hospital after a van drove into a bus stop in Milton Street, with one man fighting for his life in hospital.

    A 31-year-old man was tasered by police and arrested on suspicion of murder following the rampage. He remains in police custody.

    Officers have said they are keeping an "open mind" over the motive of the attack and are not looking for anyone else in connection with the deaths.

    To get more stories from Daily Star delivered straight to your inbox sign up to one of our free newsletters here.

    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Breaking News
    • Family

    Source: Read Full Article