Woman swept into ocean in Indonesia turns up alive 18 MONTHS later

Woman who vanished after ‘being swept out to sea’ off of Indonesia is found unconscious by relatives on the same beach 18 MONTHS later, still wearing the same clothes

  • Nining Sunarsih, 53, was swept away by a wave in Indonesia in January 2017
  • Despite search efforts Sunarsih was never found, but neither was her body 
  • Last month her father began having dreams that she was waiting to be picked up at the same beach, her family have said
  • On Saturday they found her lying on the sand in the same clothes she went missing in, according to Indonesian media

An Indonesian family has been left stunned after a relative they watched being swept out to sea turned up alive on the same beach – 18 months later.

Nining Sunarsih, 53, was presumed dead by authorities when she was washed away by a large wave in West Java in January last year.

But her body was never recovered and her family never gave up hope of finding her alive – before the seemingly miraculous happened.

On Saturday her family say they went back to the same beach after her father began having mysterious dreams and found her lying unconscious on the sand, wearing the same clothes as on the night she vanished.

Nining Sunarsih, 53, vanished in January last year when her family say she was swept out to sea by a large wave while bathing in the ocean in Indonesia

Police gave up searching for Sunarsih after several days but never managed to locate her body, leading her family to hope that she was still alive

Sunarsih has since been taken to hospital where doctors say her vital signs are stable and she is expected to make a full recovery.

The supernatural tale began in early January 2017 when, according to TribuJatim.com, Sunarsih was on holiday with her family in at Citepus Beach in Sukabumi.

She was bathing in the ocean when a large wave came and swept her out to sea as her sister and grandson watched on, helpless.

  • Step-by-step guide to how terrified Thai boys will be…

    Mystery as decomposing body of sea creature is found in a…

Share this article

A search operation was launched and while a body was discovered, DNA tests later revealed it wasn’t Sunarsih.

Police eventually gave up the search after several days with no sign of life, but her family always believed she would return, Kompas.com reports.

Then, last month, Sunarsih’s father began having dreams that she was back on the same beach and waiting to be picked up.

At first he ignored them, but after having the same dream several times he traveled to the beach on Saturday.

On Saturday Sunarsih’s relatives returned to the beach where she vanished after her father had repeated dreams that she was waiting for them there

Around midnight her relatives claim to have discovered her unconscious around 500m (1,600ft) from where she disappeared, unconscious and wearing the clothes she vanished in

The family began searching in the early evening and at first were unsuccessful but discovered Sunarsih around midnight.

She was discovered by her sister – who was one of the people who had watched her disappear.

According to reports Sunarsih was unconscious, fully clothed, and around 500m (1,600ft) from where she initially vanished.  

Her family took her home and called medics, who confirmed that she had no major injuries.

She has since regained consciousness and has been able to eat and drink, but is so far unable to talk – meaning nobody has been able to question her about what happened and where she has been.

Police have opened an investigation into the incident, but are urging people to ‘think logically’ about the disappearance and not jump to conclusions.

Sukabumi City Police Chief Susatyo Purnomo said: ‘It is our duty to look for the facts of this event.

‘We ask people not to be influenced by information that is not yet clear.’

Sunarsih has since regained consciousness and has been able to eat and drink, but has been unable to talk and therefore explain what happened to her

Source: Read Full Article